The Virginia Mathematics and Science Coalition (VMSC) invite you to nominate effective student and teacher education programs for its annual “Programs That Work” Awards. The VMSC recognizes exemplary mathematics, science, integrated science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) programs for which there is evidence of a positive impact on student or teacher learning.
For the 2023 awards a special invitation is given to programs that
- Have successfully integrated components from distance learning STEM projects created during the pandemic to enrich ongoing courses and programs; and/or
- Have successfully engaged students from underserved groups in STEM courses, activities, and authentic research.
Proposals will be evaluated on the extent that applicants are able to:
- Represent innovative, exemplary programs that have proven effective with all students or teachers;
- Demonstrate the important mathematics, science, and STEM concepts, skills or processes students and teachers learned as a result of the programs; and
- Document impact on teaching and learning.
Virginia’s public and private elementary and secondary schools, public school divisions, institutions of higher education, state agencies, and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations are invited to apply.
Plan to send your application materials early to ensure they are received on time. To be considered, applications must be received no later than October 16, 2023. Application links are provided below. For more information, contact the Virginia Mathematics and Science Coalition by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.