The Coalition continuously assesses critical needs in teacher education and works to improve opportunities for educators to stay current with advances in the STEM disciplines and learning theory. The Coalition seeks public and private funds to develop research-based professional development programs that address specific needs:
- Develops statewide courses and workshops that model best practices for teaching and leading mathematics and science education;
- Offers statewide programs that enable teachers in critical shortage areas to become highly qualified or endorsed;
- Develops high quality programs to educate prospective teachers including career switchers;
- Sponsors workshops for college faculty to promote effective instruction in higher education; and
- Offers a Statewide Master’s Degrees program that enables participants to become endorsed as K-8 Mathematics Specialists, and that serves as a model for other degrees.